Public Liability Insurance can be purchased in isolation or as part of a Business Liability Insurance package.
Cover is only provided for legal liability arising from your declared business activities, so it is extremely important to source Public Liability Insurance from an experienced Insurance Broker who can advise you properly and seek quotations from reputable insurers on your behalf.
Business Liability Insurance will normally cover three sections of Employer’s Liability, Public Liability Insurance and Product Liability Insurance
We provide Product Liability Insurance for a wide range of goods, from Aircrafty, Automotive, Rail & Construction to Childrens Toys and Sports equipment to Foods& Beverages, ingredients and health supplements.
Specific product liability insurance is also available for medical products which can include medical trials.
Whatever you need we can provide advice and assistance to protect your business.
We compare a wide range of quotes to ensure you get the best deal
Cover limits up to £50,000,000 are available
Full support and assistance when you need to make a claim
If you would like to discuss a Product Liability Insurance enquiry please complete the form below and one of our specialist advisors will give you a call.
As one of the essential business insurance protections, Public Liability Insurance is a product that we take a great deal of care to arrange properly for our customers. It is the unpredictable nature of claims, often driven by fast evolving legal precedents, that make it essential to purchase a generous level of coverage.
SMEs often fail to obtain adequate Business Liability Insurance cover, especially when they expand or move into new areas of business. Here are some of the key facts about Public Liability Insurance you need to know:
- Standard Public Liability Insurance cover is on a ‘losses occurring’ basis, which means that if a claim is made against you then your insurance falls under the Public Liability Policy that was in force at the time the injury to the Third Party occurred.
- Cover is provided in respect of the activities of the business. You should always fully disclose all the business activities to your Public Liability Insurers to ensure they will cover all claims against you.
- Cover is provided against claims of civil liability, the insurers will not necessarily cover you for contractual liability or statutory liability.
- Standard Public Liability Insurance policies cover your legal liability arising from a defective product you have manufactured or sold, this cover is normally for a fixed amount (aggregate) during the policy period.
- Policies will exclude risks that can be covered under more specific insurance available, for example Employers Liability, use of motor vehicles and Professional Services Liability.
- Pollution including asbestos contamination will be limited to cover following a sudden and unforeseen event, gradual pollution or contamination risks need to be separately insured.
There are a range of additional covers available to enhance your Public Liability Insurance to meet the needs of more complex business activities, we are very experienced in the analysis of individual business risks, tailoring Public Liability Insurance to meet your exact requirements.
Our Public Liability Insurance can be tailored for a range of business activities including:
- Contracting & Construction
- Manufacturing including Product Recall and Product Guarantee
- Retail areas, Public events
- Professional Indemnity & Financial Loss
- Medical Malpractice
- Efficacy (fitness for purpose)
- Contractual Liability
- Vicarious Liability
- Environmental Liability & Pollution or Contamination risks.
For help understanding your Public Liability Insurance risks and quotations of cost, please call us on 0845 481 0448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Business Liability Insurance related services:
Consider this product of you undertake Design or Specification of products but do not manufacture the any products.
Consider this product if you are a manufacturer of any goods. This suite of Insurance products will protect your Product Liability Insurance as well as Property, Business Interruption, Employer’s Liability and General Liability.
Consider this product if you import goods especially if these are then stored prior to sale.
Contact us today for no obligation advice on your Insurance Requirements: