Select Page

Our Private House Insurance is sourced by comparing 20+ top rated insurer products to give you the best of cover and value. Aimed at homeowners who want peace of mind knowing their most prized assets are fully insured against All Risks including Flood Damage, at a competitive price.

We compare a wide range of quotes to ensure you get the best deal

Full support and assistance when you need to make a claim

Host of optional extras including Travel, Caravan and Bike cover

Private House insurance

Using a professional broker for your Private House Insurance does not mean you will get a worse deal. We take the time to compare a range of quotes to ensure we get the best quote for your needs. Our policies can be tailored to include a range of added extras to give you truly comprehensive coverage.

  • Buildings Insurance up to £5,000,000
  • Contents Insurance up to £1,000,000
  • Fine Art, Collectables & Jewellery
  • Personal Effects away from the home worldwide
  • Personal Liability including Pets up to £10,000,000
  • Pedal Bicycle cover
  • Contents of outbuildings
  • Gardens & Landscaping
  • Money, credit cards, travellers cheques
  • Legal expenses
  • plus more…

Pay for your Private House Insurance over 10 easy instalments

(subject to status and a credit charge based on your circumstances)



  • *Please enter all addresses of property including postcode and the value of buildings to be insured
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY

Key benefits of using Butler Evans for your Private House Insurance:

  • All our Products are sourced from secure UK based Private House Insurance providers
  • All Insurers provide service level agreements to guarantee you receive the best follow-up and claims services
  • Policy Coverage has been vetted to ensure the intergrity of insurance contracts.
  • Butler Evans are at the heart of your service, providing professional advice and assistance when you need it .

Private House Insurance FAQS

Q> I have heard that buying direct from Insurers saves me money, is that true?

A> In our experience, insurers who write their business direct to the customer spend a lot on advertising andf call centres, so they do not really save any money by not paying the broker commission. When a broker is involved, we pick up those costs for the insurer instead.

Q> When I use a broker, will I still deal with my own claim?

A> As the customer the choice is yours, as your broker we will always give you advice on making your claim and receiving your correct entitlement from insurers. It is a known fact that Insurers prefer to sell direct to the customer as they can generally settle claims for less costs than when a broker is advising the customer.

 Q> How much should I insure my buildings for?

A> Insurance Law for Personal Consumers has changed in recent years to protect the customer from undcerinsurance on buildings insurance. Generally Insurers will now have tools that enable them to assess the rebuilding cost value of your property and policies now provide an open cover up to £1,000,00 or more. If your property hasd unusual features, such as being Listed or with swimming pools or bespoke design, please do let us know so a proper assessment of the risk can be made.

Q> How much should I insure my contents for?

A> Contents are insured on a new for old basis, so you should assess the value based on the cost of replacing all contents with brand new versions.. You will not receive a new state of the art TV when you had an obsolete model as that would be unfair on other policyholders funding your claim from their premiums, however you will receive a model of similar specification.

Q> How much should I insure Fine Art and valuables and jewellery for?

A> You need to assess the market value of such items, preferably with reference to a Professional Valuer opinion.

Useful links:

How much home or business insurance do you need?

Contact us today for no obligation advice on your Insurance Requirements:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.